Monday, 19 December 2011

Almost complete

Hoorah! I finished knitting my Owl jumper just using Rowan Cocoon.  All I need now is to find 38 small buttons for the owl eyes.


You can see the pattern details on my Ravelry page here.




I confess I am chuffed to bits because I was worried it wouldn't fit me. AND hubby was so impressed he gushed!!!
Before I completed the cable neck section a naughty little kitty got into my knitting bag and undid the stitches, so I had to unpick and re-do some of it, but he's so adorable I couldn't be cross with him for long.


What am I  currently knitting/reading?  Yarn Along 
As the pattern is for teenagers called Teagan by Rowan using their Kid silk mohair yarn. Either I will have to modify the pattern sizing or use a different pattern.



6 comments:

Lynne said...

What is it with cats and knitting?! Don't they realise we really don't need their help!!

Your jumper is fantastic! Good luck with sewing on all the buttons. I made Owling fingerless mittens for my sister for christmas, and I nearly lost the will to live on Saturday sewing on all the woolly eyes!

Stephanie V said...

Love it! I''m not envying you the button sewing, though.

Once, when my son was quite young, he 'helped' by taking the scissors and cutting a slice through something I was knitting. You have a very cute 'helper'.

Sue H said...

Love that jumper! Again, I don't envy the sewing on of all those buttons!
As for the feline 'helper' - you gotta love 'em! ;-)

Madeleine said...

LOL! Thank you everyone

I have sewn on all the buttons now. Phew!

Yes I cannot be cross with my adorable little helper for long. :O)

debby emadian said...

Must be fun joining a knitting group Madeleine...

...your cat is so cute...it's amazing you managed to make such an amazing job of the jumper with his distractions...

Have a wonderful holiday weekend.
Deb

Deniz Bevan said...

Oh that's gorgeous! Love the kitty in the bag, too. Can never be cross at cats :-)