Friday, 15 July 2011

Triumphs and Disasters

I was so proud of this jumper. Made from Bamboo and Merino I didn't realise that it would  s  t  r  e  t c  h when I washed it.
I'd made the sleeves a little longer because I have quite long arms, but once out of the washing machine and dried the sleeves were practically down to my knees!

I decided to unpick the sleeves not realising that I'd have to take out each sleeve from the shoulder and rather than just start at the cast on edge. Now my wonderful masterpiece is in a mess abandoned in a bag until I have the stamina to tackle it again.

Have you any such knitting triumphs / disasters?

5 comments:

Clicky Needles said...

Oh dear! If I were you I'd leave it alone for a bit.

Madeleine Sara said...

Yep I think you are right! LOL

Pooch said...

Heart-breaking after all your work! It's a very pretty sweater and will be again-- once you've had a chance to take a deeeeeeep, refreshing breath.

Thank you for visiting my blog. I appreciate your comment.
:)

Madeleine Sara said...

Thanks Pooch. Yes deep breaths required! :O)

Ria said...

When I first learned to knit - I got all over enthusiastic and made a hat - without a pattern. It looks like a hat when folded, but not when worn. It fits no known human head, but looks great on my 6ft tall Wile E Coyote doll.