Thursday, 21 July 2011

Just Off the Needles ~ Yarn Along

I still had wool left over after I made an Aran cardigan for my friend's little girl
(who isn't into girlie pinks). So, w
ith the remaining wool I found a quick knit hot water bottle cover with cable in a magazine from Simple Knitting by Erica Knight

It uses 4mm and 4.5mm needles(size 6 &7) and Aran wool (Fisherman/medium weight)

It is fabulous pattern, though there were typo errors in the number of rows for front and back.
 
It also said the pattern would make a standard size cover, but this is a child's size bottle.
I wonder whether using 4.5mm and 5mm might make it the required size for a standard hwb cover?


I've just finished reading a Marcia Willett Echoes of the Dance which seems more full of whimsy than her usual novels, but she does characterisation and human psychology so well. I love textile crafts reading and writing too.
What are you currently knitting or crocheting and reading?
Join in at Yarn Along and let us know.





If you have some time let us know how you cast on here

9 comments:

Kerri Warmus said...

Wow! That sweater is beautiful. I'm sure she (and her mom) will love it. I just got the Erica Knight book on natural knits for baby and it is so gorgeous. I love to see a book that is beautiful that also has lovely knitting projects to aspire to.

Knitters Notebook said...

Thank you for your comment..and your sweater is beautiful!

~~Renee

Madeleine said...

The hot water bottle cover is great fun to make. :O)

pippasmum said...

That sweater is lovely! I've never ready anything by Marcia Willett. I will have to look for her.

Karen said...

ooo - I am impressed with sweater! Love the color and pattern.
Eventually I hope to progress to more than stockinette in my knitting.
Thank you for stopping by my blog. I look forward to browsing through yours.
Karen

Erica S. said...

The sweater is lovely! And the hot water bottle cover is nice too! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I look forward to seeing more of your knitting projects.

Ria said...

Right now I am actively working on 2 projects . One a shawl for my sister for her wedding - has an annoying chart so no reading there. The second is Alan Dart's chess set. I'm working on the board first so I can read. I finished "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency" and "An Irish Country Girl" this week.

DoleValleyGirl said...

Thanks for commenting on my knitting. Hope you enjoy "The Help" -- I'm a couple of chapters in and am having a hard time putting it down... Blessings, ~Lisa

Madeleine said...

Thanks everyone. Lovely to hear from you all.

Ria I love the sound of that chess set and your sister is lucky to have a talented knitter in the family for her wedding gift. I'm going to read Adjustment Bureau soon. Not read his others.