Saturday, 23 July 2011

How Many Projects is Too Many?

I often have several projects on the go at the same time and then feel bad I haven't finished any.


So I then decided ONE AT A TIME!

Now I realise that different projects work in different situations and that having more than one project on the go at any one time means that there's always something to pick up and do.

My latest knitting project
Tarragon and Borage say: 'Did someone mention owls?'

Some projects are easier to handle on the train, like small crochet projects, while others require much more concentration and fewer distractions.


My latest Crochet project


Also I attend a knitting group and if there's a hitch with one project, rather than sit and just chat, I can have a standby project in my bag.

How about you? How many projects do you have on the go?

6 comments:

snoopydog said...

Hello there! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a kind comment. It's always great to find fun new blogs and now I've found yours! Look forward to seeing 'Owls' finished; it's a lovely pattern. Ros

Mereknits said...

I usually have at least three, but I finished a crochet cowl yesterday so now I am down to two.
Have a great day,
Meredith

Ria said...

Anywhere from 3-5 active projects.

Madeleine said...

Three sounds manageable. I'm not sure about five though LOL!

PixieMum said...

I have two projects ongoing. One is socks, the second pair I have ever knitted. I am using a simple garter stitch pattern on Magic Loop. That is done when talking with others, on public transport or if husband is driving. Then I have the most complicated cardigan on which I am working - think cables, double moss stitch, rib over a 48 row pattern. I knit this with no one around, no TV, no radio, no music. I find sitting at a table in the garden is best.

Details available in Ravelry.

Madeleine aka PixieMum.

Madeleine said...

LOL! PixieMum. I know what you mean about no TV etc. I have the problem with some of my projects. I intend to tackle socks soon.